Tank Levels & Emergencies
Oil Tank Charts
How to measure your oil (stick) a tank
Please be sure to have us tune your system every year and avoid having a problem! Emergency Tips: If your oil burner will not start:
2. Check the main electrical burner switch to make sure that it is in the "on" position. Oil burners do not run without electricity.
3. Check your fuses or breakers. If your fuses are blown replace them. If the breaker is tripped reset it.
4. If the boiler has a low water cut off, make sure the glass gauge is at the water line. If the level is low, open the water feed valve until the correct level is reached.
5. Check the pressure gauge, if the pressure or temperature is high, the limit control may have stopped the burner. The burner will restart automatically as soon as the pressure or temperature drops below the allowed limit.
6. Check your fuel oil, feed lines rarely go to the bottom of tanks. If you are out of fuel your burner will not restart until a delivery is made. Call our telephone number, if it is after hours a service man can bring you some oil to get through the night and the truck will deliver the next day. Do this only in an emergency. Telephone us (845-628-1330) and put your home on automatic delivery. If you have oil in your tank, press the reset button, usually on the box on the side or front of the furnace. Press the button only once! If your burner still does not start, call us and a service man will assist you.
Remember to have your furnace cleaned and tuned up once a year for maximum efficiency. Put yourself on automatic delivery.